Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Can somebody explain the hours of low-impact cardio?

Why do people who compete walk uphill on a treadmill as opposed to running? I personally try to run 15 to 20 miles a week for my cardio. I simply don't have the time to walk for an hour each day.

Am I limiting my physique by running? I don't see how the hours of cardio is beneficial. Why not just lower the daily calories that you would have burned walking? And unless you are a mass monster, why not cut your cardio time in half by running?

The only logical reason I can come up with is that the amount of calories it takes to get your daily macros in requires 3,000 calories to be consumed to get that 200 gr of protein. So cardio will take the calories down below a surplus for the day.

submitted by /u/maltman1856
[link] [comments]

from Muscle and Bodybuilding http://bit.ly/2A8GXOQ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment