Monday, March 5, 2018

Why bodybuilding?

I ran into an old friend at the gym.

Long-story-short, he asked me for gym help since he went through a recent breakup. He was angry and seemed determined to create an incredible physique. However, I told him, "Once you get over the relationship (which you will one day) and are no longer angry, what's going to be your motivation and purpose for coming here?"

Then, a question dawned on me.

Why am I still bodybuilding? I've achieved some nice peaks, but it's beginning to seem a little pointless now.

It was nothing what I thought it would be like when I first started bodybuilding. I imagined the whole "conquer" thing. Sure, people were 'miring. But..so what? At the end of the day, people looking and admiring your body does not create much value for you - you will still feel empty even after many 1-night stands.

Yes, it gave me a lot of the confidence I have now. But, I noticed that, when I slowed bodybuilding down and let myself go a little, I was getting even more girls and respect from other people.

Quickly enough, I realized that bodybuilding was simply a means to an end. In other words, bodybuilding simply gave me something (confidence) which I don't need more of since I have enough of it.

So what's my motivation and purpose for bodybuilding?

I'm realizing that fine-tuning my body is a becoming pointless. I already have what I set out to do, and I feel like any more time spent obsessing over it is only wasting my time.

Does anyone feel like they're at this point?

submitted by /u/Internature
[link] [comments]

from Muscle and Bodybuilding http://bit.ly/2oLfqeA
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment