Sunday, May 6, 2018

BodybyYake's Contest Prep Write-up

Finally found the time to create my writeup for my first contest prep, I learned so much along the way about dieting, training while dieting, and the mental difficulties of contest prep.

My prep was a total of 25 weeks long and I competed in the NPC Big Sky Championships in Missoula, MT.

Stage Photos Grey Shorts

Full Prep Progress Photos

My starting weight was around 228 lbs and my goal weight was around 195 lbs, with 25 weeks that puts me losing around 1.3 lbs/week.

24-18 weeks out: 2700 Calories - (200c/100f/240p) Roughly No Cardio

18-14 weeks out: 2600 Calories - (200c/80f/240p) Roughly 15 Min Cardio 3x week

14-10 weeks out: 2500 Calories - (200c/70f/240p) Roughly 20 Min Cardio 4x week

10-8 weeks out: 2450 Calories- (200c/65f/240p) Roughly 30 Min Cardio 4x week

8-5 Weeks out: 2400 Calories 40 Min Cardio 4x Week

5-1 Week out: 2350 Calories 40 Min Cardio 6x Week

Typical Day of eating On higher calorie days there was just more of these foods, mostly more fats. I did not track vegetables.

Cardio: 12% incline 3.1 MPH OR Hiking with my dog in the mountains. (Usually 1 short hike and 1 long hike atleast once a weekend, sometimes 2)

Exercise Split (PPLx2) I trained by feel most of the time, I always made sure to incorporate lower rep - heavier days at least once every 2 weeks.

Supplements:

Creatine

Fish oil

Joint Supplement

Probiotic

Multivitamin

Psyillium Husk Fiber

Peak Week

In preparation for peak week I started keeping water (2 gallons) and sodium (6000mg) constant, and carried that all the way through the show.

Saturday - Monday: Normal low carb day

Tuesday - 450g Carb

Wednesday - 350g Carb

Thursday - 300g Carb

Friday - 400g Carb

Saturday Morning 200g Carb

I nailed my morning carb up but did not eat enough in between shows and looked very very flat in the finals.

Long Term Goals:

Get my pro card in the WNBF in bodybuilding by the end of 2020. I plan on taking the next year and a half to grow my weakpoints and enjoy my training.

One unique aspect of my prep

I suffer from a thyroid disease called graves disease and no longer have a functioning thyroid, therefore I rely on synthetic thyroid hormone to control my metabolism, but I do not abuse my medication, I take the same amount every single day.

If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask.

submitted by /u/BodybyYake
[link] [comments]

from Muscle and Bodybuilding http://bit.ly/2HV9bAM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment