Thursday, November 9, 2017

Anybody else have Raynaud's disease?

I just got diagnosed with primary Raynaud's on Monday. For those who don't know, its basically an incurable condition where your blood vessels excessively constrict in response to cold. I first started having symptoms 3 or 4 years ago, which was just blue hands.

I started bodybuilding around the same time, and I've put on a lot of muscle mass over the last few years. My Raynaud's symptoms have gotten progressively worse, to the point where now my hands and toes are blue all winter long and I get full body chills if I'm not dressed in enough layers.

I'm wondering if bodybuilding would be detrimental to this disease. It would make sense that putting on more mass would mean the body would have to work harder to pump blood outwards. Then again, they say exercise is beneficial to Raynaud's.

Does anyone else have Raynaud's, and if so, what do you do to make life easier? Has it effected bodybuilding for you at all?

submitted by /u/Bounce1856
[link] [comments]

from Muscle and Bodybuilding http://bit.ly/2hY096U
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment