Friday, October 7, 2016

Help needed! Weight loss and body composition stall

Recently spent a few days reading through forums and reddit and while there are some cases similar to mine, I still decided to explain my situation and ask for an advice because I'm starting to feel desperate. 37 Male, 186 cm (6'1). Started working out again in January 2016 (overall probably was working out for a 4 years in total at the gym in my life, mostly in earlier years). I'm been obese (125kg - 275 lbs) for a few years before but was able to cut down to 107 kg (235 lbs) with proper diet and light exercise between 2012 and 2016. So 107 kg (235 lbs) was my starting weight in the beginning of this year when I entered the gym. I was mostly sticking with 1800-1900 calories meal plan (the ratio was about 40% protein, 30% fat, 30% carbs) and was exercising 4 to 6 times a week at the gym for 7 months and I cut down to 87 kg (191 lbs). That being said, as my overall shape definitely improved, my body composition stayed more or less the same. So now I am a skinny fat (as it's described on the internet) - lean, with belly fat, love handles and a very minor muscle definition. It was mid August 2016 when I realized that I'm also stalled on weight loss. After researching online, I decided that it makes no sense cutting further on calories, so instead I threw some additional calories (went up to 2000-2100) and I also changed a bit my workout routine (from 5 days a week to 4 days a week) During 2 months (mid August to present day) I was weighting in almost every day my weight was just bouncing - I was either going down to 87.5kg - 192 lbs (almost my weight in August) or going up to 88.5kg (195 lbs). My body composition stayed the same and I have a strong feeling that I'm going circles - e.g. loosing water and glycogen and then storing water and glycogen. My diet is mostly based on whole foods. Talking of supplements I take BCAA, l-carnitine, fish oil and on a rare occasion - whey protein. My workout plan for last few months is 4 days split (legs, chest+triceps, back+biceps, shoulders). I workout on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. I do 3-4 exercises per training session. Each exercise consists of 4 sets, 12-16 reps each. The whole routine takes me around 1 hour and then I do 20 minutes low intensity (60%-70% of maximum HR) cardio session (steps, walking on thread mill, cycling) I would really appreciate your advice. My goal is to reach 12-13% bodyfat and then to start slowly bulking and try to get some lean muscle over the course of a few years. Based on estimates, currently my BF is around 21-22% and I going to take fresh pictures today and upload them as well later for you to correct me if I'm wrong with the estimates.

submitted by /u/kerosiine
[link] [comments]

from Muscle and Bodybuilding http://bit.ly/2dYt4s5
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment