Sunday, January 15, 2017

2 Year Update From Old /r/bodybuilding Post (19/6'4"/217)

ORIGINAL POST Two years ago I posted a writeup with pictures of my "shredded" body for you all to see (and critique). I was 6'4" and about 180 lbs soaking wet, I was in that stage of lifting where I was starting to grow and felt HUGE. Unfortunately my post backfired a little worse than I thought it would, I said I as eating 5-7k calories a day and was a lot stronger than I actually was. I was called out almost immediately, but thanks to the Nice GuysTM I wasn't completely shit on. /u/justin5rb (RIP) helped me really understand that I wasn't even close to eating what I thought I was consuming in a day. But thanks to my hurt ego I deleted the post and all pictures of my sad physique that accompanied the post. Here's the deleted link and you can get the idea of what went down. http://bit.ly/2jePpjT

Here I am in full "SHREDDED" mode: http://bit.ly/2is1XHE

BULKING I took all advice to heart and decided to bulk my insecurities away. I started by just wanting to gain some weight and a little size, but I started to go down a slippery slope. I heard about a wonderful program called Smolov and decided to increase my shitty squat. During this program all I did was eat "clean" foods in massive quantities, ending every night eating 1.5 cups of peanut butter so I didn't go catabolic overnight. I quickly shot up weight in both my squat, and body. I finished smolov with a bodyweight of 220 (40lb bulk) and a squat of 405 (previously 315). I planned on stopping there, but then I was asked by the head coach of our football team to play my senior year. They wanted me to play offensive line, so of course I had to gain more weight. I ended my now dreamer bulk right before I started football practice, weighing 250lbs. I gained almost 70 lbs in a little less than 3/4 of a year.

Post bulk fatness (only two pictures I could find): http://bit.ly/2is4iCz

CUT I never went through a cut because I was lucky enough that all of the cardio we did in football helped me lose weight. I was holding so much water that the moment summer conditioning stated, I dropped down 20lbs of water weight to a bodyweight of 230lbs. I gradually lost a pound or two a week until the end of the season, weighing in at a small 200lbs. I decided to keep that weight through the spring and summer just so I could be a little leaner than the previous year.

BULK ROUND TWO I started going to college this year and have tried to take full advantage of the "All you can eat" buffets. Starting at 200lbs at the end of August, I have gained roughly 17 lbs since then. I am definitely happier than my first bulk because I didn't gain too much body fat and put on some size.

Current Pictures (all taken within this week): http://bit.ly/2jeWMaY (sorry for quality, screenshots from a video)

TLDR: Thought I was big, wasn't. Bulked up from 180-250, got fat. Lost 50 lbs, gained back 20.

submitted by /u/alexwatts132
[link] [comments]

from Muscle and Bodybuilding http://bit.ly/2jeNrQC
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment