Tuesday, January 3, 2017

I don't look like a body builder but I want to...may I have some feedback on my program?

Hello! I've (33F) have been working out on and off since...forever.

After a hiatus, I'll get super into it and the weight has generally dropped off. Well not this time! It's been about 3 months (with a break for holiday travel) and I've GAINED 9 lbs. I understand muscle weighs more than fat, but I've generally lost fat and gained muscle together so the scale goes down. I thought I'd come here and get some feedback from you folks, if you'd be so kind. Here's my situation:

33F. Small build. 17% fat in July 2015 (according to those fancy machines at my gym), currently at 33% fat. Started at 112-115, start at 127-130 Nov 1, 2016, shot up to 137, now at 132. Work out routine: Sunday: Lift - Lower Body. Heavy as I can go, 6-10 reps X 3 sets. 2 exercises per major muscle group, 1 for the little guys. Try to use the free weights as much as possible (Weighed Lounges, Squats, deadlifts, calf lifts). I shoot for a 45 min workout. Monday: Cardio sprints - 20 mins of swimming (4 - 2min sprints with low cardio for recovery) Tuesday: Cardio sprints or class at the gym Wednesday: Lift upper body - switch weeks from benching and cable pulls to dips and pull ups Thursday: Cardio sprints - 20 mins of swimming (4 2min sprints with low cardio for recovery) Friday: Mix of Cardio/strength - 45 mins/1 hour of circuit training class, I want to throw up at the end of it. Saturday: Cardio sprints - 20 mins of swimming (4 2min sprints with low cardio for recovery) I take off generally 1 day a week, the day I just don't feel like going to the gym. I like the flexibility of laziness. I eat 4-6 small meals throughout the day, usually 1/4 cup each of lean meat, carb, veggies. I haven't been perfect cause...Christmas...and yummy food... I am seeing SOME improvement, I just want to see better and faster improvement. Any tips to improve my program? Edit: Eww...what happened to my formatting?

submitted by /u/silverporsche00
[link] [comments]

from Muscle and Bodybuilding http://bit.ly/2hN4JCd
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment