Friday, December 9, 2016

Are there any books for bodybuilding/weightlifting similar to 'the cyclist's training bible'?

Hey all, just someone who has had a back problem push them out of a hobby. I used to be a cyclist, but I can't do that anymore, so I want to try to do something else with my life.

Cycling has left me with a pretty good lower body, but no upper body to speak of. I want to change that. Most of my training while cycling was based off of the cyclist's training bible, a book that allows you to make a systematic training regime suited to your goals and time restrictions, including advice on diet, self-testing, and of course on what sorts of exercise to do. Does anything like this exist for weight-lifting or body-building (not the competition 'oil-up' aspect of it, I'm not interested in that at the moment) or is it mostly fad stuff?

Thanks for the help; any replies would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/ImMyMinimumPolynomal
[link] [comments]

from Muscle and Bodybuilding http://bit.ly/2heb5f3
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment